about Josephine
She's a teenage Asian girl who laughs too much for her own good. She has a love for baking and anything under the category of 'food'. She wears a casual style and loves her green tea.
These recipes are not mine, unless otherwise stated. I just love making good food, and sharing them with others.
home
profile
other blog
follow
POST ARCHIVE...
cause everyone loves easy access... (・ω・。)

Hi. I'm Josephine
I'm in love with baking, and making good food.
(I'm not just a sugar-fairy, I'm also a health-eater!)
I also love fashion and home decor.
I'm a teenage Asian.
I squeal at anything cute, I swoon at anything charming.
I have a love/hate relationship with spending money - anything over $10 is like Burberry to me.
I own a DSLR cam, a Sony SLT-A35.
Anime and manga are my life.
I love reading; most books are better than movies in my opinion.
⇒ Travel the world
⇒ To speak at least 2 languages fluently
⇒ That the Naruto series ends awesomely as the greatest thing ever ⇒ To make this multiple cake tower thing I saw on TV once.
Link empty empty empty
Link empty empty empty empty empty
➸ Brown Sugar Raspberry Cake
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
Friday, July 12, 2013 @ 8:41 AM with
7 comment (s)
It's Winter right now where I live. So cake is a must. Even if it's Summer where you are, a little cake never hurt anybody!
I found some raspberries in the freezer, and did a little happy dance right there - I looove berries. ^^
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
I know you want the recipe, so here it is!
INGREDIENTS
➸ 250g ( 2 cups ) plain/ all-purpose flour
➸ 150g ( 3/4 cup, lightly packed ) brown sugar - light or dark, it's up to you!
➸ 1/2 tsp baking soda
➸ 1/2 tsp salt
➸ 155g ( 1 1/2 cups) frozen raspberries
➸ 80ml ( 1/3 cup ) vegetable oil
➸ 1 egg
➸ 200ml buttermilk <-- click for an alternative to buying buttermilk!
➸ 1tsp natural vanilla extract
➸ 70g ( 1/3 cup) raw sugar
➸ 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius ( 350 degress farenheit ).
2. Grease muffin tins, or cake tin, whichever you choose.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, then toss berries through these ingredients.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, be careful not to over mix.
6. Spoon the batter in to muffin tins or cake tin.
7. Combine the raw sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl, and sprinkle on top the batter.
8. Bake for 25 - 30 mins, how ever you like them. Test with a skewer.
9. Remove from tins and leave to cool.
PS. I actually filled up 8 muffin holes, and then with the rest of the batter ( about half remaining), I made a small loaf cake!
This cake is a serious charmer amongst friends and family; you can swap the raspberries up for blueberries... Or chocolate chips, if you would like.. ( I ran out of them, so..... ^^ )
When I opened up the oven, I admit, I salivated. The raspberries kill me. And I think they'll kill you too.
This cake goes hand in hand with both tea and hot chocolate! It's perfect for any occasion :
tea with the girls, a midday snack, at a picnic, a comfort treat that isn't as wicked as that rich chocolate cake I know you've been craving!
Make sure you use some good raspberries!
It'll taste even better!
xx
➸ Brown Sugar Raspberry Cake
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
Friday, July 12, 2013 @ 8:41 AM with 7 comment(s)
It's Winter right now where I live. So cake is a must. Even if it's Summer where you are, a little cake never hurt anybody!
I found some raspberries in the freezer, and did a little happy dance right there - I looove berries. ^^
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
I know you want the recipe, so here it is!
INGREDIENTS
➸ 250g ( 2 cups ) plain/ all-purpose flour
➸ 150g ( 3/4 cup, lightly packed ) brown sugar - light or dark, it's up to you!
➸ 1/2 tsp baking soda
➸ 1/2 tsp salt
➸ 155g ( 1 1/2 cups) frozen raspberries
➸ 80ml ( 1/3 cup ) vegetable oil
➸ 1 egg
➸ 200ml buttermilk <-- click for an alternative to buying buttermilk!
➸ 1tsp natural vanilla extract
➸ 70g ( 1/3 cup) raw sugar
➸ 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius ( 350 degress farenheit ).
2. Grease muffin tins, or cake tin, whichever you choose.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, then toss berries through these ingredients.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, be careful not to over mix.
6. Spoon the batter in to muffin tins or cake tin.
7. Combine the raw sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl, and sprinkle on top the batter.
8. Bake for 25 - 30 mins, how ever you like them. Test with a skewer.
9. Remove from tins and leave to cool.
PS. I actually filled up 8 muffin holes, and then with the rest of the batter ( about half remaining), I made a small loaf cake!
This cake is a serious charmer amongst friends and family; you can swap the raspberries up for blueberries... Or chocolate chips, if you would like.. ( I ran out of them, so..... ^^ )
When I opened up the oven, I admit, I salivated. The raspberries kill me. And I think they'll kill you too.
This cake goes hand in hand with both tea and hot chocolate! It's perfect for any occasion :
tea with the girls, a midday snack, at a picnic, a comfort treat that isn't as wicked as that rich chocolate cake I know you've been craving!
Make sure you use some good raspberries!
It'll taste even better!
xx
➸ Brown Sugar Raspberry Cake
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
Friday, July 12, 2013 @ 8:41 AM with
7 comment(s)
It's Winter right now where I live. So cake is a must. Even if it's Summer where you are, a little cake never hurt anybody!
I found some raspberries in the freezer, and did a little happy dance right there - I looove berries. ^^
This raspberry cake is moist, and delicious, and look! It's got the perfect bit of crunch on top, tasting of that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon!
I know you want the recipe, so here it is!
INGREDIENTS
➸ 250g ( 2 cups ) plain/ all-purpose flour
➸ 150g ( 3/4 cup, lightly packed ) brown sugar - light or dark, it's up to you!
➸ 1/2 tsp baking soda
➸ 1/2 tsp salt
➸ 155g ( 1 1/2 cups) frozen raspberries
➸ 80ml ( 1/3 cup ) vegetable oil
➸ 1 egg
➸ 200ml buttermilk <-- click for an alternative to buying buttermilk!
➸ 1tsp natural vanilla extract
➸ 70g ( 1/3 cup) raw sugar
➸ 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius ( 350 degress farenheit ).
2. Grease muffin tins, or cake tin, whichever you choose.
3. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, then toss berries through these ingredients.
4. In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
5. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, be careful not to over mix.
6. Spoon the batter in to muffin tins or cake tin.
7. Combine the raw sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl, and sprinkle on top the batter.
8. Bake for 25 - 30 mins, how ever you like them. Test with a skewer.
9. Remove from tins and leave to cool.
PS. I actually filled up 8 muffin holes, and then with the rest of the batter ( about half remaining), I made a small loaf cake!
This cake is a serious charmer amongst friends and family; you can swap the raspberries up for blueberries... Or chocolate chips, if you would like.. ( I ran out of them, so..... ^^ )
When I opened up the oven, I admit, I salivated. The raspberries kill me. And I think they'll kill you too.
This cake goes hand in hand with both tea and hot chocolate! It's perfect for any occasion :
tea with the girls, a midday snack, at a picnic, a comfort treat that isn't as wicked as that rich chocolate cake I know you've been craving!
Make sure you use some good raspberries!
It'll taste even better!
xx